Thursday, March 14, 2013

Once Upon a Time

 
A while back I spotted this triangle quilt on Pinterest by Audrie from Bleu is Blue and absolutely fell in love.  I love the simplicity of it, the clean lines and the combination of colors.  I knew I wanted to make something similar.  But I wasn't sure about the colors I wanted to use.  Then I found this fabric by Yuko Hasegawa:


Once Upon a Time Tree of Life
This is from the Once Upon a Time Collection from RJR Fabrics.  I love the color combination and the lovely whimsical feel of it.  It's sweet, but not too childish.  The teal mixed with oranges and browns, with a hint of yellow are so lovely together.  You can see most of the line here.  I love the colors that they've put together in this line.  So soft but still rich.  I knew they would be perfect for my triangle quilt.
 
 
I have to say, I'm pretty proud of this quilt.  There was a little trial and error.  I had never worked with triangles before.  But considering the fact that I was just winging it, I think I did a pretty good job.





 
I used the Tree of Life for the backing and a sweet little white daisy and teal fabric for the binding. I absolutely love it. It turned out just the way I wanted it. Not bad for my second quilt EVER!

And doesn't it look fantastic on the back of my orange chair???

 
I have a feeling I'll be doing more triangle quilts in the future. 

1 comment:

  1. It's very lovely. I am quite jealous that you can sew. One day I hope to learn (after I'm caught up with my current projects) and make a quilt of my own.

    ReplyDelete